Understand the forces behind art of the Modern era
- The Avant-garde artists and their styles
- The influence of World War I
- Leading artists that radically changed art
- The American sound
- The Depression of the 1930s
- Fascism in Europe
- Fundamentalism in religious thought
- The influence of World War II
- The numerous advances in science and technology
What you need to do!
Demonstrate synthesis of on of the major influences, by creating an exhibit of Early Modern art with a narrative discussing how these works reflect these forces. Additionally you will be reflecting on the art elements, presentation, context and emotions that contribute to your aesthetic reaction.
Complete by the prescribed deadline:
Early Modern Assessment
Early Modern Exhibit Blog
Early Modern Comments